Having a bad hair day is never good. Not loving your hair on wedding day is the worst. That bad feeling is going to show through all of your wedding photos. So what’s a girl to do? Plan ahead! Below are six tips for achieving fabulous hair for your wedding:
1. Get recommendations of stylists experienced in working with updos and bridal hair. These stylists not only know how to style your hair so it lasts all day, but they also know you are on a timeline, so they typically work quickly.
2. Once you’ve found your stylist, make sure you schedule a trial run about 5 weeks before wedding day. This is the perfect amount of time for your stylist to give you a quick trim to liven up your ends and make sure you hair is healthy for wedding day.
3. Bring photos of different hair styles to the trial run. Also, don’t forget to bring photos of your dress. Certain hairstyles go better with different dresses. A fabulous stylist will be able to give you advice on what hairstyle will compliment your dress.
4. Bring your veil, tiara or whatever hair pieces you have selected so your stylist can properly work with them ahead of time. And bring a camera! Your stylist is going to do over a hundred styles in between the trial run and your wedding day. By taking photos from every angle, and providing your stylist with these same photos on your wedding day, your stylist will recall the exact style you have in mind.
5. Discuss with your stylist what pre-maintenance needs to be done in the days before the wedding. As an example, hair that is washed the night before is far more manageable than hair washed the morning of your wedding.
6. Establish a hair timeline for each person in your bridal party that will be getting their hair styled. Different stylists require different amounts of time to get the job done. It’s better to find out in advance exactly how much time is needed so everyone can be ready in time for photos.
Happy Hair Planning!Kerry Pulverman de Luxe Weddings & Events www.de-luxe-events.com Kerry@de-luxe-events.com 714.225.2841